In this episode, Gerald Fadayomi is transparent about the anxiety that has surrounded his life and the seasons of adversity that ministry leaders face, as well as key concepts for ministry to 18-30-year-olds. He has also shared some of his personal perspectives on the topics of racial injustice and the current tensions that surround racism and the church through his social media platforms.
Check out our courses and register now at MinistryBoost.org.
Goals of Gerald's new book, When Life Gives You Lemons:
- Slow down and ask the right questions
- Redefine GOOD
- Key questions from the book: What's in my control?
God's control over the good and the bad and anxiety:
- God is sovereign and He redeems ALL THINGS
- We cannot attribute every bad thing (adversity) to God; because of sin, we have brokenness
- Anxiety and adversity are linked
- The purpose is to raise a resilient generation
Ministry to 18-30-year-olds:
- They desire authentic worship over excellence
- Beginning gatherings (as part of Mountain Lake) once a month from local colleges
- There is a way to be authentic without being weird; vulnerability
- Those who are brand new to faith, they are welcomed into the authenticity of faith
Student Ministry as we return from COVID-19:
- The BIG THING we want to do coming back should be second to COMMUNITY
- Ministry leaders individually call students
- Small Group leaders connect and increase community before returning
- Get the book, read it — TheLemonBook
- Try something to reach 18-30
- Watch Gerald's content on race/injustice
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: TrainedUp
This episode is sponsored by ServeHQ. When it comes to equipping your volunteers and leaders, you have to try ServeHQ. They have an online training tool with hundreds of done-for-you training videos and simple tools to create your own. Go to servehq.church to find out more.