In this episode, we get to listen in to an online event with Ally Evans and Will Hutcherson focusing on re-opening kidmin in the midst of COVID-19. Ally, NextGen Pastor at Life.Church, reopened their kid's ministry a few weeks ago and this interview with Will Hutcherson shares some helpful ideas for how to do this well.
Ally Evans and Will Hutcherson
Connect with Ally on Facebook | Instagram | Email: Allyson@life.church
Connect with Will on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Check out our courses and register now at MinistryBoost.org.
- Not everyone is able to attend yet so kids ministry is not flooded
- The number of volunteers coming back has matched the number of people coming back
- People are prepared for precautions – they anticipate having to wait
- After kids ministry opened, weekend attendance doubled
Creating a welcoming environment:
- Fun and energetic; choose these people tactfully
- Masks were optional (in Oklahoma)
- Temp checks for kids
- Contact free – no touching tags
What about hot-spots?
- Follow directives from government
- Pay attention to your community
How did you social distance kids?
- We did not enforce social distancing for kids (again, lower numbers, so not as necessary)
- Hand-sanitized frequently
- Enhanced cleaning measures
- Ministry leads (campus kids pastor) recorded a 2-minute video for each ministry area
**Listen to the full event for more insights from Ally and Will on family engagement, online content, student ministry, and more.
- Download the LifeKids files
- Have a plan for high temp
- Make a plan to make it FUN
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Special Sponsor: TrainedUp
This episode is sponsored by ServeHQ. When it comes to equipping your volunteers and leaders, you have to try ServeHQ. They have an online training tool with hundreds of done-for-you training videos and simple tools to create your own. Go to servehq.church to find out more.