In this episode, Andrea Goslee shares some ideas for engaging and connecting with families online and how to provide unique experiences for kids and parents. The ministry she leads has seen an ongoing connection with preschool and elementary-aged kids, and they have some encouraging ideas as they move into a space of reopening and continuing online content.
Connect with Andrea through Email.
Check out our courses and register now at MinistryBoost.org.
Kid and Family Connection Opportunities:
- Groups on Zoom
- Leaders and kids in breakout rooms
- Staff leading games to start
- Online Preteen Camp (3-hour event)
- Interactive activities
- Google Drive “Escape Room”
- Large group (pre-recorded campfire worship)
- On-campus Drive-thru for leader connection
- Radical Kindness
- social media campaign – showing kindness to specific people/groups during the quarantine
How they are tracking connection:
- Personally called families a couple of times during quarantine
- List of all families/individuals – marked orange when they have attended something online, on-campus, or personally
- 35% have been engaged
- Parent Facebook Group
- prompted parents/families to post pictures of an activity
- posted polls for interaction
- sometimes it's a hit or miss
- Preschool Facebook Page – not a win
- Start tracking engagement
- Serve parents in August
- Check out New Digital Church
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.