In this episode, Jamey Dickens gives some background to his church-planting journey at East Cobb Church and his unique leadership role as the lead pastor. Jamey also has a long history of communicating to youth and he shares some of his most helpful tips for speaking in youth ministry.
Check out our courses and register now at MinistryBoost.org.
Keys for healthy church-planting:
- A genuine and invested launch team
- Church culture
- The mission is front and center
- Collaboration with other local churches and ministries
- Effective communication to students requires you to communicate often
- Preparation, execution, and evaluation
- Be ruthless about having a straight line with your content
- what you start with connects to what you finish with
- be clear
- Do you need more engine, or do you need more brakes?
- plan the moments you slow down
- plan the moments you bring the fire
- Communication evolves
- Be you; don't try to be someone else
- Discover who you are
- listen to it and watch it
- work on your application
- ask the right people (not just your critics and not just your fans)
- Self-scout your own communication
- Come up with a plan to change up your flow
- Invest in who is there – do something this week
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.