02 Oct Episode 121: Ratios, Benchmarks for Budget, Staffing and Volunteers with Annette Safstrom
In this episode, I talk with Annette Safstrom about her book, Sustainable Children’s Ministry. Annette shares Ministry Architect’s findings as it pertains to budget, staffing, and volunteer norms for children’s ministry and how we can always be working to grow our volunteer teams.
Sign up for coaching with YouLead by Oct 31st. Join us for a tease of what these will be like during our Ministry Boost Tribe Conversations on Facebook.
- Preschool – Monday Oct 15th @ 1PM EST
- Elementary – Thursday Oct 11th @ 1PM EST
- Students – Oct 10th @ 1PM EST
Register for coaching by Oct 17th and join us on a webinar with all the coaches. OR, be sure to register by Oct 24th, and you’ll get access to a Q & A with Kara Powell.
Staffing & Volunteer Ratios Survey
Click here to view the results of the survey I did concerning staff and volunteer ratios to determine how you compare as a church.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Ministry Ratios & Benchmarks
- One full time equivalent staff member for every 75 kids
- 1 volunteer for every 5 kids that attend weekly
- 15% of the worshipping congregation is kids
- Start early
- Make a list of needs
- Ask people if they are going to be on the team for the coming year
- Make a list of prospective volunteers
- Rank the list of volunteers using WEB (With kids, Behind the scenes, Everywhere)
- Put names next to roles you would most like certain prospects to have
- Start asking
- Follow up
- Get the book, Sustainable Children’s Ministry
- Download the survey for volunteer and staff ratios and see how your church compares to other churches
- Create a simple plan for how you’re going to use this information about staff and volunteer numbers
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!