In this episode, I interview NextGen Pastor, Allyson Evans, of Life.Church. Allyson and I dive into the specifics of leadership development and what it looks like to apprentice, train, and invest in the next generation of leaders.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Releasing Leaders – A PowerPoint presentation on how to help your leaders inspire, invest in, and develop volunteers
NextGen Volunteer Onboarding Process
- Cast vision of your ministry to potential volunteer
- Process background check
- Potential volunteer attends NextGen orientation
- Cast deeper vision about level of volunteer commitment
- Send them into the environment of their choice to shadow for 2-3 weeks
- Coach follows up after shadowing experience
Children’s Ministry & Youth Ministry Staff & Volunteer Ratios Survey – Take the survey and get the full results of this study on the staff and volunteer ratios it takes to do ministry effectively
- Create a list of axioms for leadership development at your church
- Be intentional about one-on-one meetings and conversations
- Implement a leadership structure or pipeline. Listen to next week’s episode to hear practical steps you can take to do this.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!
Next Episode: Todd Adkins
In the next episode, I interview Todd Adkins of LifeWay Leadership. LifeWay Leadership hosts an annual conference and has put out a free ebook about leadership pipelines to help churches be intentional about great leadership. We talk specifically about what a leadership pipeline is, how it is used, and what it takes to practically develop one in your ministry.