In this episode, I talk with Justin Herman about his transition between churches, the questions he wishes he would have asked, and what he’s learning in his current season. We also talk about the newly re-released, Controlled Chaos book, which now includes added commentary from Justin.
Registration for courses is now open and closes May 31st at midnight. Check out 21 different course offerings at a 33% summer discounted rate, with exclusive bonuses (a church assessment, internship plan, huddle content, and two free courses) if you sign up prior to the registration deadline.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
Controlled Chaos Episode 54: I Lost My Job So You Don’t Have To
Controlled Chaos (book)
Keys to Junior High Ministry
- Be diverse in how you think about volunteer roles
- View transition as a year-round strategy
- Be accessible to parents
- Develop a parent advisory council
- Make sure you ask questions of a church you’re considering working for
- If you’re interviewing or hiring staff, ask a lot of questions too, specifically about what energizes and what drains the person
- Write down what energizes and drains you in your current role
- Get the Controlled Chaos book
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!