Listen right here, or on iTunes, on Stitcher, on Google Play or another podcast player
In this episode, I interview NextGen Pastor, Allyson Evans, of Life.Church. Allyson and I dive into the specifics of leadership development and what it looks like to apprentice, train, and invest in the next generation of leaders.
Links Mentioned in This Episode
Craig Groeschel’s Leadership Podcast – Life.Church’s lead pastor, Craig Groeschel talks weekly about the principles and practices involved in great leadership
Releasing Leaders – A PowerPoint presentation on how to help your leaders inspire, invest in, and develop volunteers
NextGen Volunteer Onboarding Process
- Cast vision of yo to potential volunteer
- Process background check
- Potential volunteer attends NextGen orientation
- Cast deeper vision about level of volunteer commitment
- Send them into the environment of their choice to shadow for 2-3 weeks
- Coach follows up after shadowing experience
Children’s Ministry & Youth Ministry Staff & Volunteer Ratios Survey – Take the survey and get the full results of this study on the staff and volunteer ratios it takes to do ministry effectively
- Create a list of axioms for leadership development at your church
- Be intentional about one-on-one meetings and conversations
- Implement a leadership structure or pipeline. Listen to next week’s episode to hear practical steps you can take to do this.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.
Leave a rating and a comment in iTunes to let me know how this podcast is helping you and your ministry. Also, let me know how we can make it better!
Next Episode: Todd Adkins
In the next episode, I interview Todd Adkins of LifeWay Leadership. LifeWay Leadership hosts an annual conference and has put out a free ebook about leadership pipelines to help churches be intentional about great leadership. We talk specifically about what a leadership pipeline is, how it is used, and what it takes to practically develop one in your ministry.